I Want To Believe

Warning: Spoilers

The X-Files, the brain child of Chris Carter explores the work of two FBI agents, Dana Scully and Fox Mulder. The series first aired September 10, 1993 and Ended March 21, 2018. The series has gone on to have 2 movies. The first movie was released in 1998 after season 5. I Want To Believe was released in 2008. 
   In 2001 Chris Carter had created a Spin off series The Lone Gunmen. This series followed Frohike, Byers and Langly. Unfortunately the series only got one season and the characters were killed off in season 9 of The X-files. The last time we see these characters is during Mulder's supposed Trip on "Mushrooms" an Agent he was with had given him. The Lone Gunmen are seen for a slight second sitting with Mulder in a bar. 
   The series would first end in 2002, after Mulder Escapes the Military prison, he and Scully would go on to run away together, leaving the FBI now that Mulder is a wanted criminal. The season Finale ends with Mulder sitting on the floor, while Scully's in the bed, a reflection back to the first episode from 1993. 
   The series would return years later after the 2008 film and finished the show off in 2018, with the series finale killing off The Cigarette Man, Walter Skinner and Monica Reyes, as well as Scully revealing to Mulder that she is pregnant. 

 I had started this series thanks to the first time I had seen the first few episodes of season 1 in the summer of 2021, My father had put it on while I had been sitting in his room. I went on to start the series in December of 2023 and finished it in this May. There were a lot of laughs and some tears. I tried my best to not watch as the series to quickly towards the end, because I didn't want to finish it so soon. However all good things must come to an end. 
   I enjoyed watching and following along with the two agents as they solved unexplainable cases. One of my favorite episodes being "Beyong the Sea" Starring Brad Dourif, the actor well known for his role as Chucky the killer doll. I had enjoyed the manic character he had played in this episode. 
   Many people I had recognized had starred in this series such as Burt Reynolds. He was Bandit in the film Smokey and the Bandit and Jack Horner in Boogie Nights. His humor had made the episode he starred in so much better. 
   While I watched this series I grew to like the characters, as time went on, I even enjoyed seeing episodes that involved The Cigarette Man. The characters made the show what it was and I wouldn't change any of that for anything. If a character had supposedly died, I sobbed for them but they came back. Many characters did get endings they deserved and many should've got better endings. 
   I hope to watch this series once more in the future and possibly enjoy it with someone else. 

Popular posts from this blog

Curiosity Killed The Cat

Welcome